Ever use collard greens for wraps? Well if you haven’t, then you should.
I threw this wrap together after Thanksgiving was over, when my body was CRAVING nutrient-dense foods that were clean. I didn't eat that terribly during the Holiday, but definitely more foods that my body isn't used to. As I walked through the grocery store, these are the ingredients that called my name. I literally threw them all together and I really enjoy how it came out! It's super easy with barely any measuring, allowing adjusting based on what you feel is best, as well as keeping it super simple, saving time without having to measure anything.
Nutrient-dense Fall Wrap:
2 bunches purple kale
1 small butternut squash
1 bunch green onions
2 cups lentils
1 bunch collard greens
1//2 cup dried cranberries
1 bunch parsley, thin stems diced too
¼-½ cup ghee
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional add in: Goat cheese
1. Peel, dice and roast squash, seasoned with salt and pepper in a couple tablespoons of ghee at 425 until caramelized. Cook lentils according to given directions (1:3 lentils to water, preferably soaked overnight) with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Saute kale with green onions and parsley on stove top, in 2 tbs ghee and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add everything together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add in a bit more ghee, squeeze on lemon juice, toss in cranberries.
4. Assemble in a raw collard wrap.
5. Enjoy the seasonal meal that nourishes your entire body and soul. Can be eaten for all meals. Play around with different variations and have fun with it!
Let me know what you think.